lag

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

alonsii

lag

Post by alonsii »

any advise about how to reduces lag while playing? It's really annoying when someone can't even move his tokens from the virtual hand to the board... What things produce lag(connection quality, gbox weight, pc performance, number of players...)?
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hi Alonsii!

ZunTzu doesn't need a lot of bandwidth for non-hosting players.
On the other hand, the requirements for the hosting player increases with the number of players.

Were you the one who experienced lag, or was it another player? Make sure the player who hosts is the one with the largest upload bandwidth.
What do you mean by "can't even move his tokens"?
Did you have other software running, taking bandwidth, like Skype for instance?
Did you enable the webcam in ZunTzu?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
alonsii

Post by alonsii »

Jerome wrote:Hi Alonsii!

ZunTzu doesn't need a lot of bandwidth for non-hosting players.
On the other hand, the requirements for the hosting player increases with the number of players.

Were you the one who experienced lag, or was it another player? Make sure the player who hosts is the one with the largest upload bandwidth.
What do you mean by "can't even move his tokens"?
Did you have other software running, taking bandwidth, like Skype for instance?
Did you enable the webcam in ZunTzu?
Hi Jerome!

When i host of course i don't experiment lag. But as i don't have internet connection, depending of the wifi connection I can play properly , but if the wifi don't works fine I can't move tokens,cards from the virtual hand to the board. We were playing without audio and without using skype for audio. The cam enable? I didn't notice we have a cam option :lol

When I host i try to close all other applications or programs, maybe i must say other players to close programs like emule?
alonsii

Post by alonsii »

One more question if we use "cmd netstats"what must be the desired values (I don't understand anything of what shows... :roll:)
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

alonsii wrote:One more question if we use "cmd netstats"what must be the desired values (I don't understand anything of what shows... :roll:)
If you experience lag only when connected through Wifi, then the lag is probably caused by too many lost packets.
Look if one of the statistics is about packet loss.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.