Installation

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

PeteB

Installation

Post by PeteB »

Trying to install ZT on a new Windows 10 tablet, but when I run the .exe it says it needs to get Net 3.5, and then fails to download (errror code 0x800F0954)

Done some hunting online and I found /NET 3.5 in the list of Windows Features (currently 'unchecked'), alongside .NET 4.8 (which is 'checked')

When I 'check' 3.5, it again fails after looking for the files online from Windows update, with the same error code - 'Windows' could not complete the requested changes'

Tried downloading NET 3.5 from another source, but just ends up in the same loop

Anyone else facing this?

P
Chobham_1980A

Re: Installation

Post by Chobham_1980A »

Hi Pete!

To Core ZT program development, this most interesting! First, thank you for asking on the Forums. Secondly, I am NOT a programmer for ZT - only the 'Upload Coordinator.' :cry: :twisted: :oops: :cry:

Of course, I have contacted the Programming Team and have requested they review your question. In the meantime, please respond to three questions:

Now, for more information that our 'Programming Team' might need: Be aware that MS Framework (NET 3.5+) is needed for older versions of ZT Core (ZT1.2 & ZT1.3?). The newest version, ZT1.4 (pure 64K machines), may/may not require Framework (NET 3.5+)? Here are three questions:

1) What is your tablet's Make and Model?
2) Is it 32K or 64k Win 10 OS?
3) Which ZT Core version are you using? To find all three ZT Core Versions see viewtopic.php?t=10702 (Goto General Discussion Topic then select Application Update thread). It is possible to have all three on your tower-computer, just not sure on a tablet. One of these might work but not all three?

Happy Holiday's - Rich

PS Thus far, legacy ZTBs & newer designs seem to work under all three ZT Core versions - but do keep in mind that, to play over the net, ZT1.4 requires all players to have a 64K machine (with Win10 to Win 11).
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

Thanks for the swift reply!

Windows Surface Pro 7 with Windows 10

64K OS

Not sure about the Core? My desktop runs ZT 1.3, but I wasn't even aware there was a choice? The download link only has one option? Not sure if I have misunderstood - sorry.

P
Chobham_1980A

Post by Chobham_1980A »

Hi Pete:

The original legacy ZT1.2 version (optimized for Pre-Win9 32K) is a download located in the Files https://zuntzu.com/files.htm

The current "Install ZunZtu from Edge 1.2" button, does download ZT1.3. This version is capable of running pre-Win 9 but also runs Win 10-11.

The newest ZT1.4, is a pure 64K product. With the provision: that if played over the net: all players must have a 64K chip-set. See the forum link in my last post - this is where you can score ZT1.4 . . .

However, when played solo, any of these Core programs should play all ZTBs which are in the File section! Only internet play is an issue. Of course, as time moves forward, ZT1.2 & ZT1.3 will become fully obsolete. However, the ZT Team decided to keep all versions available because MS is in a major transitional period - - Jerome did us all a solid - this past year+ he has worked hard to update the Core Program.

Thanks for the information: ZT Programmer's might need the specs . . . Happy Holidays, Rich