Error on installation

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

lclaudius

Error on installation

Post by lclaudius »

Jerome, you may have received a flurry of error reports in the past few minutes. That was me, trying to install ZunTzu in a machine outside my frewall. I did a fresh install of Windows XP SP2, DirectX 9.0c and the .NET framework. When I tried to install ZunTzu, the installation went smoothly until it got to the sound test phase. The sound was working, but when I clicked "Next" after the test the install crashed. I tried to reinstall twice, but now it crashes before getting to the sound test. Any idea of what is wrong here?
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

I've received your error reports, thanks.
Actually you crashed after the sound test step (that's because the test needs to be passed only once and then is skipped on subsequent runs).
The error is a Direct3D error. Something goes wrong when ZunTzu tries to assess the capabilities of the 3D card. What is the model of the 3D card?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Something you can try: in the display settings of Windows set your desktop colors to 16 bits.
Do you still get the error?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
lclaudius

Post by lclaudius »

Jerome wrote:I've received your error reports, thanks.
Actually you crashed after the sound test step (that's because the test needs to be passed only once and then is skipped on subsequent runs).
The error is a Direct3D error. Something goes wrong when ZunTzu tries to assess the capabilities of the 3D card. What is the model of the 3D card?
Hmpf! I forgot to install the video card drivers. Its a GeForce 6200 with 256 MBytes. I installed the drivers, reduced the colors to 16 bits and it installed without a hitch. Now it runs even in 32-bit color.

Thanks for the help, Jerome. Now to test the connection... :)