Terrain that all uses the same back image?

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Easy

Terrain that all uses the same back image?

Post by Easy »

Is there a way to set a single background image to be used for all elements of a terrain sheet?

I have a grid of terrain elements on a single sheet (5 rows, 5 columns) that are all different. However, I want them all to have the same back side. The brute force way to do this is to make a back image that is the same size as the front with 5 rows and 5 columns of the art replicated 25 times, but this is a waste. I can also probably do what I want by making individual terrain-sections for each element and not setting multiple rows & columns, but it is a huge pain to figure out and type all of the coords for each one.

For cards I can do this easily by setting the type as "CardFacesOnFrontBackOnOtherSide". For example, If I make a 500x500 pixel sheet of cards divided into 5 rows and 5 columns (25 cards that are 100x100 pixels each). I can then assign the same 100x100 pixel image to be the background for each of these 20 cards. The XML for this would something like this:

Code: Select all

<counter-sheet name="Cards"
		front-image-file="Cards_Front.png" front-resolution="150 dpi" front-mask-file="Cards_Mask.png"
		back-image-file="Cards_Back.png" back-resolution="150 dpi" back-mask-file="Cards_Back_Mask.png">
		<card-section  rows="5" columns="5"
		type="CardFacesOnFrontBackOnOtherSide"
		face-left="0" face-top="0" face-right="500" face-bottom="500"
		back-left="0" back-top="0" back-right="100" back-bottom="100"
		supply="1" />
	</counter-sheet>
For counters, I don't think there is a way to do this (please correct me if I'm wrong!)

The XML for the terrain looks something like this:

Code: Select all

<terrain-sheet name="Terrain"
		front-image-file="Terrain_Front.png" front-resolution="150 dpi" front-mask-file="Terrain_Mask.png"
                back-image-file="Terrain_Back.png" back-resolution="150 dpi" back-mask-file="Terrain_Back_Mask.png">
		<terrain-section rows="5" columns="5"
		front-left="0" front-top="0" front-right="500" front-bottom="500"
		back-left="0" back-top="0" back-right="100" back-bottom="100" />
	</terrain-sheet>
But what this does is split the back image (which is only 100x100 pixels) into 25 tiny chunks. Is there a "type" I can set for terrain to achieve the same thing I do with cards above?

Thanks!
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Terrain that all uses the same back image?

Post by Jerome »

Hi!
You cannot share the same back image with terrains, sorry.
That feature is only available for cards.
That would be a nice feature, though.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Easy

Re: Terrain that all uses the same back image?

Post by Easy »

I figured as much, but it's good to get confirmation. Appreciate the quick reply!