Selecting Multiple Counters

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

zeotter

Selecting Multiple Counters

Post by zeotter »

Am I missing something, how do you select multiple counters to move from a counter sheet to another screen?
tycho216

Post by tycho216 »

From my understanding, this is not currently possible in ZunTzu :-( This is a really big problem for me, too, as I am making various M44 scenarios by the dozen and I swear I'm going to get carpal tunnel from dragging unit stacks one at a time from the sheet counters :-/

Is this a hard feature to code? Would it be possible to release a quick upgrade to zuntzu with this feature added? I know it's in the works for a future release, but if it could be priority, it would be nice :-)

Tom
Beren

Post by Beren »

I make a stack and then i move that stack to the other map, is very simple
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

Simple is not the same as pleasant, or quick, or efficient, or optimal. Multi-select is the feature many users are most looking forward to.
tycho216

Post by tycho216 »

This can get particularly dicey when you have a bagillion little stacks of 3-5 counters each! One strategy I've resorted to is dragging the stacks on top of each other on one sheet and transferring over this "megastack" to the gameboard. This can get tedious, though, as you then have to unpack the "megastack"....

With my M44 scenarios, another strategy I've resorted to is creating several "starting" scenarios with the counter stacks for whatever armies I intend to use neatly set to the side of the board. This too took considerable effort, but was worth the payoff with this game box. Also, I ended up hard-coding the startup stack positions into my scenario templates, so now they all look neat and tidy, ready for me to build a new mission! :-)

Still, none of this truly makes up for the lack of multi-unit selection. I will wait patiently until Jerome can release the feature :-) Thanks Jerome for all your awesome work so far!