Zun Tzu 2.0 is iOS only ?

This is the place to contribute to the next version of ZunTzu.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Yor

Zun Tzu 2.0 is iOS only ?

Post by Yor »

Hi Jerome, I know it's your huge time and effort to make this application, and I understand that if you can make it a paid app, then that makes sense as if he can make a living from that, you certainly should.

I'm curious about the iOS only status that seems to be on the project ? I owned an iPad for a year; sure, it was a fun toy, but given the choice, I'd rather play a beautiful Zun Tzu game on a beautiful big monitor with a keyboard and mouse than a tiny 9.7" screen. Board games look great on a big screen. Taking all of the beauty of a game on a 24" or 27" screen and reducing it to a tiny 9.7" screen could possibly lose something. iPad's do slick zooming and all that, but a virtual boardgame (to me) is a sit-down-and-spend-some-time-with-some-friends across the internet sort of affair, and could lose a lot from being made tiny.

iPad is far too small for a nice big board game (imho). Saying that, I'll almost certainly buy your iOS version if/when I buy another iPad (out of respect for your hard work on Zun Tzu which is a fantastic application), but to actually play a big boardgame seriously, I'd probably have to go back to Zun Tzu 1.2 on Windows. To clarify, is Zun Tzu on Windows now a retired app, and all development has moved over to iOS with almost certainly no likelihood that any of the new 2.0 features will be ported back to Windows (as from what I've read on the forums that seems to be the case) ?
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

I agree with everything you say Yor (I could have written that), but Jerome has always stated that he'll port v2 to PC and Mac etc after he has finished the IOS version.

I think he needs to establish a known revenue stream first...
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

While I will completely support and use the iOS version when it becomes available, I will also continue to support the desktop version and hope Jerome will continue to be interested in advancing it as well. You are not alone Yor. :D
Yor

Post by Yor »

Thanks for the clarifications; I've since seen from some forum notes that Jerome is looking at developing for Windows after iOS, so it does look like everything is going great. That Jerome's main priority for now is iOS makes complete sense as it's such an important platform and will only continue to get more dominant in the coming years. Having ZunTzu on there will be fantastic and hopefully a Windows version will be close behind it so it's exciting times. can't wait !! :)
morval

Post by morval »

Windows is a lot larger installation base than iOS! Just charge for your product. And leaving out Android is a big misstake. I don't have any apple products so no v2 for me I guess. :( But I have lots of Windows computers and Android devices!
Yor wrote:Thanks for the clarifications; I've since seen from some forum notes that Jerome is looking at developing for Windows after iOS, so it does look like everything is going great. That Jerome's main priority for now is iOS makes complete sense as it's such an important platform and will only continue to get more dominant in the coming years. Having ZunTzu on there will be fantastic and hopefully a Windows version will be close behind it so it's exciting times. can't wait !! :)
phillies

Re: Zun Tzu 2.0 is iOS only ?

Post by phillies »

I do not own a tablet, and have no plans to buy one, so I have no interest in the iOS version; I look forward to the windows version.
clixx

Post by clixx »

How about for Android? when are they going to create an adnroid version for zuntzu?