My feature request list - ZunTzu 2

This is the place to contribute to the next version of ZunTzu.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Grimshad

My feature request list - ZunTzu 2

Post by Grimshad »

I'm just going to put my list of requests here and just add onto this instead of making new posts.

- Easily click and move full stacks
- Select multiple objects and move
- Easier drag and drop type editor instead of xml (xml is fine though if an editor would be too time consuming to code)
- Add scaling of cards/markers/counters/pieces/terrain both in game so that you can size things to the size you want AND also to the xml so that developers can increase or reduce the default size of things
- Add a small number next to stacks when you hover over them or holding a specific key so that you can see how many items are in the stack.
- Ability to rebind keys
- Ability to draw/write on the game board so players can keep track of scores within the game <<< this 1 is important
- Ability/option for each player to have their own view and be able to move it independently from other players
- Ability to load a Scenario before the game box
- xml code to add "tooltips" to objects so that it displays when moused over.. maybe?
- Ability to change background color in xml
- Ability to tile background image in xml
- Ability to make stacks "flat" instead of slanted (in other words, there can be a stack of 100 cards, but you only see the first 1 until you remove that 1 and then you only see the second 1)
- Ability to rotate the view so that players can "sit" at different ends of the "Table"
- Ability to be holding an object and move the view at the same time ( to stop the picking up and dropping of items multiple times to get it where it needs to go)
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: My feature request list - ZunTzu 2

Post by Jerome »

Thanks.

The three topmost features will definitely be implemented:
- Easily click and move full stacks
- Select multiple objects and move
- Easier drag and drop type editor instead of xml

The other features you request will be implemented or the underlying issues they are meant to address will become irrelevant because of all the changes that ZunTzu 2 will undergo.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
gekkonidae

Post by gekkonidae »

Hello, I´m a ocasional user of this forum and the software Zuntzu.

I am also user of the software Blender, it has its own game engine and it´s easy to create a 3d scenery with 3d pawns, even use light simulation,like all the 3d suites. And create the rules for moving them. In the newest versions you can use GLSL shaders in real time rendering.

I though I had to tell you about that possibility.

I even wrote an article about using Blender as if it was Zuntzu ( I wrote it before knowing Zuntzu ) but without using the game engine. Anyway I explain how to create the board, card,pawns....an put texture and light.

it´s written in spanish maybe you´dlike to see it,just tell me and i´ll look it for

PD: Now I´m using Zuntzu for testing a prototype called Zaibatsu.
One year ago, i didn´t need to have a connexiong for using Zuntzu but now, It doesn´t run if i´mnot connected ¿Is that a new feature or i can avoid it?

Thanks
Zuntzu newbie
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

gekkonidae wrote:it´s written in spanish maybe you´dlike to see it,just tell me and i´ll look it for
Sure. Do you have a link to the article?
gekkonidae wrote:One year ago, i didn´t need to have a connexiong for using Zuntzu but now, It doesn´t run if i´mnot connected ¿Is that a new feature or i can avoid it?
Connection to the Internet is not required. Just don't double click files in the Windows Explorer. Launch ZunTzu and open files through ZunTzu's File menu.
gekkonidae

Post by gekkonidae »

damn, it is in my dead pc
i look forwrds to buy a hd external dock and recover many things
i been looking fot it in some forums i uploaded it but no success

i will keep looking it for
Zuntzu newbie
MikeR

Vector Graphic Support

Post by MikeR »

I'd really like to see vector graphic (namely svg since that format is supported in iOS) support especially for the iPad version. That way you have smooth lines and curves no matter what the zoom level.
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Vector Graphic Support

Post by Jerome »

MikeR wrote:I'd really like to see vector graphic (namely svg since that format is supported in iOS) support especially for the iPad version. That way you have smooth lines and curves no matter what the zoom level.
Hi!

Vector graphics are not directly supported by ZunTzu, but nothing prevents you from feeding ZunTzu with bitmaps rendered in 600 dpi from your vector graphics.

Vectors are great for professional authors, but I believe vector files are not a suitable native format for ZunTzu game boxes for several reasons:
- vector files are larger than compressed bitmaps,
- vectors are difficult to author and less flexible than bitmaps,
- vectors can't be hardware accelerated,
- there is no visual benefit compared to high definition bitmaps. Eventually the vectors will have to be rendered to bitmaps anyway to be displayed on the screen.
DiamondKGames

Was the moving of full stacks implemented?

Post by DiamondKGames »

Trying to move a full stack as it contains a large number of cards. Any way to do that without doing it card by card?
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Press (and keep it pressed) the Ctrl key at the same time as you click...
phillies

New Zun Tzu features

Post by phillies »

Mindful the the more features there are, the less useful they become, until you reach Mathematica and its multi-inch instruction manual:

1) Split screen, so I can compare the final position with the initial position, and catch illegal moves.
2) Position tagging of initial and final positions with connecting line, so that I can see where each unit started if I want to change the move.
3) Alternative to scroll wheel for unit rotation (I expect this may show up given that tablets do not all come with mice).