Basic Game Box Creation ?

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Roy,

I explained how ZT handles resolution in this post on CSW:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?7@@.1dd39396/219

Your map should be declared as being 150dpi and your counters as 300dpi (as they are ostensibly twice the size). They may not fit perfectly, but that's the best you're going to get unless you redo the graphics :wink:

There's currently no way to bulk move counters from one tab to another, but you can speed things up by building "stacks" on the counter tab and double-clicking on them to bring them up in the stack selector window on the left-hand side of the screen. If you then switch to the map tab, you can easily place them where required.

Regards, Bill.
Yor

Post by Yor »

Perfect, works a treat thanks again Bill !
probably take me a bit more time to tweak things, then hopefully I might have a game to post up to the database soon :)
Cheers,
Roy.
Yor

Post by Yor »

Another small point; when I stack units, the stack "spread" is quite wide so if I stack 4 units, that stack completely covers the hex to the NE of where the stack is. Is there a tag to tighten the spread, so that I guess a spread of 0 would be the units stack directly on top of each other. Is that possible ?
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

I thought there was a setting that defined the number of pixels of offset for the stacking, but I can't find the syntax. I know others have had extreme offsets induced in their stacks due to mismatched graphic resolutions as well.
Yor

Post by Yor »

That sounds ideal. I'd like a spread of only a few pixels, just enough to see that there is a stack there, as the functionality in Zun Tzu to that auto-opens a stack when you hover over it (or double click on a stack to see in the sidebar) is more than perfect to resolve what's in a stack as I move around the board. Can you remember what modules that offset might have been used in and I'll grab them to check the ztb / zts ?
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

No, unfortunately, there isn't a setting to adjust the degree of spread for stacks.

We'll all just have to wait for v2...

Regards, Bill.
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

This link may help a little if it applies to your situation:

http://www.zuntzu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4028