Game box problems Boardgame java

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Heath

Post by Heath »

Zwever wrote:I have fixed a few problems.

Fixed more number land tiles available.
Changed the color of the player tokens and the numbers on the titles for better visibility.

download it here

http://www.mediafire.com/?y4hu4urknh96udu

Heat be my guest to scan the game board because it's to big to fit on my A4 scanner (even folded in 4 )

Grtz,

Zwever

Right, I'm sure it is too big. Almost all game boards are. The idea is that you scan as much as you can fit, then move the board (not too much) but enough that you get more of the board scanned, but still leave some area that overlaps with the last scan. Eventually you get the whole board in several scans. Usually 10-12 for a big board. Now Microsoft ICE reads all those images in, and stitches them up into one big scan. It also works pretty well if you scan the top half of the board, stitch that together, and then scan the bottom half, stitch that together, and then finally one last time, stitch the top and the bottom. There are some gigantic boards that have been scanned this way for ZunTzu just using A4 scanners. It all sounds hard, but trust me, it's not.

Heath
Zwever

Post by Zwever »

Bill Barrett wrote:I think that it looks much better, but I still think it's a bit too fiddly and error-prone as a solution.

Have you tried just using masked numbers (defined as "counters")?

Regards, Bill.
No I haven't tried masked numbers.

I agree with you that a player will easily forget to discard a similar tile.
But I don't see your solution working unless you can only see one number on the tile.

The board gets filled with titles. I think it will be cluttered with numbers.
Also the tiles you take will be turned swapped and flipped in every direction to see if the fit on the board.
At the end a ranking takes place to see who is highest in rank.

I don't think it will be a ellegant sollution.

Or maybe I'm still not getting your idee :D

Grtz,

Zwever
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

No, you may well be right :wink:

It shouldn't be this tricky - hopefully Jerome will come up with a better solution for v2.0.

If I find some time this week, I'll give my idea a go...

Regards, Bill.
Zwever

Post by Zwever »

Bill Barrett wrote:No, you may well be right :wink:

It shouldn't be this tricky - hopefully Jerome will come up with a better solution for v2.0.

If I find some time this week, I'll give my idea a go...

Regards, Bill.
I am watching forward to your solution.

Grtz,

Zwever
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

I have just rediscovered this post which proposes to use a rotating mask over fixed numbers . I think it is the best solution so far.

You could print numbers in a circle on every tile - using a different color for each number, representing the height of the stack. You would have a mask - an opaque disk with a hole - floating over each stack of tiles. Every time you would add a tile, all you would have to do is rotate the mask to the next increment.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.