Thunderstone

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Briareos

Thunderstone

Post by Briareos »

How does the Thunderstone gamebox work? I don't see how you make the dungeon deck or keep track of your own individual deck?
Heath

Re: Thunderstone

Post by Heath »

Briareos wrote:How does the Thunderstone gamebox work? I don't see how you make the dungeon deck or keep track of your own individual deck?
You can manipulate decks by holding Ctrl and mousing over the decks. Move them by moving the last card in the stack. Take the three monster decks from the top row, flip them over and shuffle them. Remove ten cards from the top of the deck, add the Thunderstone card, and shuffle those. Put the original stack on top of the new stack you just made. Form the dungeon with the top three cards. To make the player decks, take 6 Militia, 2 Torches, 2 Iron Rations, and 2 Daggers. You can add these to your hand with the spacebar, or just move them to an area of the table for flipping and shuffling. Shuffling is done with the stack inspector, just double click the top card in a stack of cards, and then press the shuffle icon. Draw the top six cards of your player deck after that and you're ready to play.

I agree that ZunTzu could really use some shortcuts here, such as drawing a number of cards automatically, a key for flipping over all the cards in your hand, and keys for discarding all the cards in your hand to the table. As it is, there is going to be quite of bit of clicking and dragging to play a game like this in ZunTzu.