Cannot open ZTS files from computer or ZunTzu's library.

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Aklain

Cannot open ZTS files from computer or ZunTzu's library.

Post by Aklain »

There is a similar post on this, but it wasn't helpful.
For some reason, my computer does not recognize the .zts files.
And when I go into ZunTzu, open my library and try to add the files, it does not read them (folder appears empty, without zts files, where in fact, there is a zts file).
I tried everything, and I don't know what the problem is.
Basically, I've downloaded ZunTzu and a bunch of games, but I cannot play anything.
Aklain

Post by Aklain »

I just noticed another detail. The game boxes end in .zts, and the library is looking for .ztb files.
WTF?
Aklain

Post by Aklain »

I changed the file extension from zts to ztb. I could then find it in the search engine of the library, but once I opened it, it gave me a weird error and didn't open it. So basically, it was useless.
I'm sorry it seems like I'm having a monologue, but I'm just very frustrated.
Pokke

Post by Pokke »

Gameboxes end in ztb, that's what zuntzu needs.
Scenario's/Save files end with zts. Don't try to open these unless you're already in a game and want a different setup of all the pieces.

You just need the one ztb file. Usually that's the file you download from the files section here.
Aklain

Post by Aklain »

I finally figured it out. The files I was downloading were in zip, and inside there were some archives (amongst them there was a zts file). What I did is change the zip extenstion to tbs, and now I can finally open the games.
twitt

Post by twitt »

Aklain wrote:I finally figured it out. The files I was downloading were in zip, and inside there were some archives (amongst them there was a zts file). What I did is change the zip extenstion to tbs, and now I can finally open the games.

How and where did you change the zip extension? I have your same problem but I don't know what/where to change it.
Pokke

Post by Pokke »

twitt wrote: I have your same problem but I don't know what/where to change it.
Windows Explorer. Save the file, the click on F2 and rename the extension.
But that reminds me: Windows defaults to the terrible "Hide extensions for known filetypes" so it's possible that you don't see the extension until you turn that off. It's the first thing I change when I get a new computer, but as I have to do that only once I can't remember where to do that. :(
twitt

Post by twitt »

I figured it out! I renamed it when I downloaded it and downloaded it to a normal folder not a zip.