Is there a key to hold down to keep chit stacks from collaps

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Lebatron

Is there a key to hold down to keep chit stacks from collaps

Post by Lebatron »

I'm sure others have encountered the problem of a unit stack collapsing as they try to follow the mouse up to the far right unit and before you make it the stack goes back into tight mode. Is there any key I could hold down to keep the stack from doing this?
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

No there isn't. The simplest way to handle selection from a large stack is to double-click on it and then pick out your piece from the Stack Selector (on the left of the screen).
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

If you find that you need to stack more than a dozen counters, maybe you should consider turning the counters into playing cards.
In a real paperboard game, it is typically difficult to stack more than a dozen counters.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Pokke

Post by Pokke »

Jerome wrote:If you find that you need to stack more than a dozen counters, maybe you should consider turning the counters into playing cards.
In a real paperboard game, it is typically difficult to stack more than a dozen counters.
This usually happens with counters which are put aside. Markers and whatever.
Take all the influence markers in Twilight Struggle for instance, there must stacks of more than 20 counters of the same type.

For the reasons mentioned above by the OP, I now stack all of these in smaller groups in my scenario's, but it would indeed be handy to have a key to keep em open until one is selected. Having to double-click and drag from the stack selector is something I usually tend to prevent as it seems one step too much, not as elegant as direct selecting.
jaedrian

stacking issues

Post by jaedrian »

I have the same problem with collapsing stacks if you don't move your mouse just right. The stack expands so far out I have unzoom and move the game board to see the entire expanded stack. Lately I just double click the stack, but a not exapand option would be good, as an option.