Tabs

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

lclaudius

Tabs

Post by lclaudius »

Jerome, is there a way to use more tabs than can fit on the width of the screen? Today I inadvertently used some boards with long names and the rightmost tabs were out of view. Since one of the gameboxes I intend to create is for a monster game with lots of countersheets (Second Front), this can be a problem.
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Tabs

Post by Jerome »

lclaudius wrote:is there a way to use more tabs than can fit on the width of the screen?
No, the only way to avoid problems is to keep the names short.

You need to be aware that the width of the tabs is fixed (i.e. it is not proportionate to the resolution of the screen), so if your screen resolution is very high you may be able to see tabs that other players won't see.

I suppose a good practice would be to sort tabs by decreasing importance, and to keep the names short enough to have all the tabs visible on a 1024x768 screen.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
lclaudius

Re: Tabs

Post by lclaudius »

Jerome wrote:No, the only way to avoid problems is to keep the names short.
Hm. In the case of Second Front, the only way I see of solving this is putting more than one countersheet in the same board. Could get a little unwieldy. Oh well.

Anyway, for the next round of development, please consider adding one or two lines of tabs to the bottom of the screen, to accomodate really large games.