Icehouse

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Hedge-o-Matic

Icehouse

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

I'm finishing up a generic Icehouse set. The set contains eight stashes or so of Icehouse pieces, plus gameboards commonly used in Icehouse games, such as chessboards and Go boards, and so on. It will also have some small tokens and what have you, and maybe a few dice hands, since some Icehouse games use dice.

The pieces are transparent, and stackable (including when tipped on their sides, which is atrange), and should make most Icehouse games playable.

Any other ideas for what to include for common games? I'm going to have the Poker felt surface (if it's okay to use, Jerome!), and probably Volcano boards, and so on.
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Icehouse

Post by Jerome »

Hedge-o-Matic wrote:I'm going to have the Poker felt surface (if it's okay to use, Jerome!)
No problem.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
TGov

Post by TGov »

Sounds cool :)

What about Zendo, will that one be possible?
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

TGov wrote:Sounds cool :)

What about Zendo, will that one be possible?
I was thinking about Zendo, and I guess you could still do it, within the limits of the stacking structure. I'm going to have some stones and stuff included, so people could try it, though it's a stretch.
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

Version 1.0 released!

Submitted twice by accident, though. Could you clean that up, Jerome? Sorry!

Feedback for improvement is welcome.
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

Two questions, Jerome.

First off, how can I host a gamebox on this page? On the "Add to this list" link, it has a host page field, but no way to upload to this site. Other boxes seem to be hosted here, so I probably just missed something.

Also, as a feature request, could you have the pivot point definable for counters? This would be useful for odd-shaped counters, although not strictly needed in any case; just a thought.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hedge-o-Matic wrote:Submitted twice by accident, though. Could you clean that up, Jerome?
Done.
Hedge-o-Matic wrote:Two questions, Jerome.

First off, how can I host a gamebox on this page? On the "Add to this list" link, it has a host page field, but no way to upload to this site. Other boxes seem to be hosted here, so I probably just missed something.
You can't host a game on this site. The game boxes database just displays links to other sites, such as Confraria Lúdica, file hosting services, or personal web sites.
On the other hand I will gladly host game boxes for which I have a written authorization from the copyright owner.
Hedge-o-Matic wrote:Also, as a feature request, could you have the pivot point definable for counters? This would be useful for odd-shaped counters, although not strictly needed in any case; just a thought.
Is such a feature required? I think you can get the same result by defining the bounding rectangle of the counter in such a way that the center of the rectangle is located at the pivot point.
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

Jerome wrote: Is such a feature required? I think you can get the same result by defining the bounding rectangle of the counter in such a way that the center of the rectangle is located at the pivot point.
And this is why Zun Tzu is such a great piece of software. You actually think of ways to not add unnecessary functionality, thus keeping it clean. You're right, of course.

Thanks again!
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Thanks for understanding. :wink: