This is not a valid .ZTB file

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Harkaman

This is not a valid .ZTB file

Post by Harkaman »

In an attempt to upload a gamebox several days ago I was greeted with this message: This is not a valid .ZTB file. Of course I was confused. I created the file and tested the ztb on my computer. Everything worked fine. I renamed it a couple of times and tried again. Still, no go. After I reached out to Chobham_1980A and reduced the size of my ztb. He got the same results. He said he was able to upload it using the second option. He has also informed Jerome.
Just wanted to let everyone know in case they run into this problem.
Harkaman

Re: This is not a valid .ZTB file

Post by Harkaman »

Hey y'all. It happened again last night. I tried to submit a ZTB and it told me "This is not a valid .ZTB file."

I am not a programmer, just a ZunTzu enthusiast, but I think I know what's causing this error. I just recently changed my work flow when making a gamebox. In the past whenever a problem came up that needed fixed or I needed to update the default scenario, I would delete the ztb and create a new zip and change it to a ztb. In WIndows whenever you change the file type, you get a pop-up warning you the file may become unusable. I have never had a problem with that until I changed my work flow.

I thought I had found a way to speed up those little corrections. I could change the .ZTB back to a .ZIP, drag and drop the corrected files into the .ZIP, a pop-up would ask me whether I wanted to copy & replace or just copy the file, then I would change the .ZIP to a .ZTB. Everything still worked. I could open it in ZunTzu, no problem.

The problem occured after doing this process several times with the same file. The only indication that anything was wrong is when I dragged a corrected file to the .ZIP and the pop-up didn't pop-up. It was like it didn't recognize that it was a .ZIP file. Everything else worked fine. I could change it to a .ZTB and it would load into ZunTzu, no problem. Except it would give me the error above when I tried to submit it.

However, not to be dissuaded, I went back and gathered my files into a new .ZIP, tested it and was able to submit it without any problem.

Thus, my new work flow will now include having a primary .ZIP file that I can use to make changes. I will create .ZTBs from copies of this primary .ZIP file so I don't run into this issue again.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Thanks for reporting your experience.
Your workflow seems sound. I have no idea why your file became unreadable by ZunTzu after moving files into the ZIP archive and then changing the extension.
Do you still have a copy of the unreadable ZTB file? I would gladly examine it.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Harkaman

Post by Harkaman »

No, it wasn't that it was unreadable. It just wasn't being accepted by the submit button. ZunTzu opened it just fine. The file in question is the Sticks & Stones (Metagaming) gamebox. (stones.ztb)

I was detailing my process so that someone could try to repeat it and see if they got the same result.

Thanks
Eric