Am I the only one?

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

dulcaoin
Site Admin

Am I the only one?

Post by dulcaoin »

My first two modules (gameboxes, ugh) were made using ZT's TopLeft-BottomRight-Rows-Columns method for defining countersheet sections.

I had to finagle with the edges to get the "best" divisions between counters as the program did the math to cut them out. It was never very precise, but usually came in close enough to be lived with.

Different punch sections meant extra work.

In the end, I find it easier to use a script to calculate each counter individually, outputting the XML from that. Then each counter can be specifically set to "cut" on whatever pixel boundary is needed for the best cut. And counter sheets tend to be devilishly consistent, so as scripts go it's pretty darned simple, giving automation, convenience, and accuracy, with the ability to customize down to the counter level when needed.

I'm curious whether any of the other authors have gone to this method.

-- joshua

EDIT: Clarifying language about what I was saying was devilishly consistent.
Last edited by dulcaoin on 28 Sep 2014, 17:30, edited 2 times in total.
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

I let the program do the cut outs. The only time I have any issues is with older games where the die cuts were not very precise. If it bothers me enough I might make a mask. Regardless, I am glad to hear about your method. We don't get much discussion on here anymore. :-)