War of the Ring Second Edition

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Lsferreyra

War of the Ring Second Edition

Post by Lsferreyra »

Hi People. I've managed to modify the existing War of the Ring gamebox to add the modifications from Second Edition, retouched the miniatures (which are actually painted now), changed the map and included a mat to deal with the special action dices.
I'm currently working to improve it, but I would also share ir, if someone is interested. Any help to upload it here?
Also, I'm working also to add the new Lords of Middle Earth expansion. I'll post here when it's finished.
Regards,
Lucas
neoxs

Re: War of the Ring Second Edition

Post by neoxs »

Lsferreyra wrote:Hi People. I've managed to modify the existing War of the Ring gamebox to add the modifications from Second Edition, retouched the miniatures (which are actually painted now), changed the map and included a mat to deal with the special action dices.
I'm currently working to improve it, but I would also share ir, if someone is interested. Any help to upload it here?
Also, I'm working also to add the new Lords of Middle Earth expansion. I'll post here when it's finished.
Regards,
Lucas
good job. and at what stage you are working? how many percent you have completed? I'm very interested :)
Lsferreyra

Re: War of the Ring Second Edition

Post by Lsferreyra »

Well... Second Edition is finished already, and fully functional. When I've time probably I'll try to get better scans of map, cards and better painted figures (which have been taken from BGG images). So, if you are interested I could share my dropbox folder with you, but I would prefer to upload here. Do you know how to do that?
Regarding 'Lords of Middle Earth' expansion, I'm just beginning and, given that the expansion isn't already published and obviously I don't have a copy, it would be very hand-made, at least until I got my copy of the expansion. I'll keep working on it nonetheless.
neoxs wrote:
Lsferreyra wrote:Hi People. I've managed to modify the existing War of the Ring gamebox to add the modifications from Second Edition, retouched the miniatures (which are actually painted now), changed the map and included a mat to deal with the special action dices.
I'm currently working to improve it, but I would also share it, if someone is interested. Any help to upload it here?
Regards,
Lucas
good job. and at what stage you are working? how many percent you have completed? I'm very interested :)
neoxs

Post by neoxs »

if you want to upload a game you should look at this page http://www.zuntzu.com/newbox.htm.

So the extension is not yet begun? when do you think would be released by you? more or less what date?
Lsferreyra

Post by Lsferreyra »

Don't know. It's just not a matter of scanning pieces, because they don't exist yet, so I've to hand made the cards and components.
I assume that more or less a month, depending on work, kids, etc.
neoxs wrote:if you want to upload a game you should look at this page http://www.zuntzu.com/newbox.htm.

So the extension is not yet begun? when do you think would be released by you? more or less what date?
neoxs

Post by neoxs »

i see game on the list. how i can download this file? :)
Lsferreyra

Post by Lsferreyra »

I'm trying to send the link to the dropbox'ed file. It's here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wydfbutryfh1 ... 20Ring.ztb

Please tell me if you can download it, and if you have time to play!
neoxs wrote:i see game on the list. how i can download this file? :)
neoxs

Post by neoxs »

Amazing job ...! I'm impressed :) :) :) I can not wait when it will be ready "Lords of Middleearth". Can you let us know if something moves? :)
Lsferreyra

Post by Lsferreyra »

Thanks for the compliments, but I've just taken a couple of images and painted minis and put them all together. The credit goes for the authors of such parts and for the authors of this incredible game, I've just wanted an interface to play and have a nice gaming experience :)

I won't be able to complete it until I get my own copy of the expansion, since there are a number of event cards which are not yet available. I will post a message when the expansion module is ready.

That said... do you have time to play, one of these days? I've made a Hamachi network to play, if you want to join just let me know.
Regards,
Lucas
neoxs wrote:Amazing job ...! I'm impressed :) :) :) I can not wait when it will be ready "Lords of Middleearth". Can you let us know if something moves? :)
neoxs

Post by neoxs »

BTW i found this stuff: http://www.warofthering.eu/downloads.htm. You saw that at any time?
Lsferreyra

Post by Lsferreyra »

Yeah, of course. But I don't feel the client as friendly as I would like it to be. I prefer ZunTzu, and that's why I did this module.
The only two features i miss in ZunTzu is the possibility to have a log to repeat the game, and the possibility of separate dices (to indicate the used ones).
But still, ZunTzu is better for me.
neoxs wrote:BTW i found this stuff: http://www.warofthering.eu/downloads.htm. You saw that at any time?
Lsferreyra

Post by Lsferreyra »

Hi people.
I will use this thread to post any updates to the game box. Also, I would like to use it as a meeting point to organize games.
If anyone is interested, please subscribe to the thread.
Regards,
Lucas
neoxs

Post by neoxs »

maybe someone knows a person who scans the cards, dice, etc.. "Lords of middle-earth"?

i need only few characters cards.. some help? :(
miniu666

Post by miniu666 »

Hi all! Great job :) gamebox looks now awesome :) I would also gladly played in LOME, maybe someone can make gamebox with LOME? I don't have cards so i can't do scans :(
Lsferreyra

Post by Lsferreyra »

Boys... as I already said here, Lords of Middle Eart expansion hasn't yet released, so... there's no way to make any gamebox.
Once published, if anyone could get the scans of all expansion's parts I would make the gamebox.
Lucas