Number in a stack?

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Xrix

Number in a stack?

Post by Xrix »

Hi there,

I've only started playing with Zuntzu a few days ago and I find it an excellent tool. Thank you Jerome for the tech support thus far!

My friend and I have played a couple of games of Agricola and I was wondering if there is some way in Zuntzu to display the number of counters in a stack. Stacking is really handy, but when all I see is one wood counter on my opponent's board, I do not really know how much wood he has. Having to doubleclick on the stack and manually count them is abit tedious, and it also gives away my thought process.

Is this a current feature or in the roadmap by chance?

Thanks in advance.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

It will be an optional feature in ZunTzu 2.

I am not familiar with Agricola. Are you supposed to stack the wood tokens? If players are expected to count the number of tokens then wouldn't it make sense to keep the tokens unstacked?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Heath

Post by Heath »

Jerome wrote:It will be an optional feature in ZunTzu 2.

I am not familiar with Agricola. Are you supposed to stack the wood tokens? If players are expected to count the number of tokens then wouldn't it make sense to keep the tokens unstacked?
Yes, but that makes for more clicking and dragging. There is a LOT of piece moving in Agricola.
Xrix

Post by Xrix »

Heath wrote:
Jerome wrote:It will be an optional feature in ZunTzu 2.

Yes, but that makes for more clicking and dragging. There is a LOT of piece moving in Agricola.
In Agricola there are about 9 different resources and tiles which restock resources every turn, coupled with the fact that you either take or spend resources with every move life would be alot easier to use stacks. You can use them now, but without clicking on a stack to see what's in it (which can give away your thinking and allow your opponent to block you), there is no way to see how many are in there.

It's more a quality of life thing than anything, but I can think of a number of games which would benefit from it, Caylus for example.

Thanks for the clarification!