Anyone Used ZunTzu With Large Touch Screen?

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

btrhoads

Anyone Used ZunTzu With Large Touch Screen?

Post by btrhoads »

I have been looking at building a large optical multi-touch board for use with ZunTzu. I have been looking at NextWindow overlays. For those not familiar, the overlay can optically detect touch gestures and translate them in to mouse interactions with the host computer. The overlay is calibrated to the display so the gestures are resgistered in the right screen locations. Has any one tried this type of thing yet?

Edit: By large, I mean 32" or bigger.
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

I don't think the mouse wheel is supported.
Do you intend to play games that involve rotating counters?
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

I hadn't thought about using it for any games that specifically use the wheel, but if it worked out I wanted to build a couple of miniatures games that used the wheel to change facing. Have you looked into this already?
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

I just went to their web site and read some of the usb specs and they were pretty specific about mentioning which mouse behaviors they support. It looks like you bring up a good point. I wrote them and specifically asked about the mouse wheel support. We'll see what they say. If they do not support it I will be disappointed. Maybe the PC 2.0 version can have an alternate way of rotating pieces. As a work around, I can also have a mouse on standby in case I need to rotate a piece. It could even be a wireless mouse to make it less of a pain.

Thanks for bringing this up.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Two more issues to consider:

- You probably won't be able to flip counters (double right click)

- You probably won't be able to emulate mouse-over - it's when the mouse pointer moves over a counter but no button is pressed. That's what you do to split a stack for instance. You can achieve the same result by double clicking the stack and moving the counters one by one but it takes more effort.
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

It just keeps getting worse. Bummer!

I'll have to think about these things. ZunTzu was a large part of the reason I wanted to do this. I assumed all mouse behaviors would be supported by the overlay. Is there any chance the PC version of ZunTzu 2 would provide an alternate way to do these tasks?
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

btrhoads wrote:Is there any chance the PC version of ZunTzu 2 would provide an alternate way to do these tasks?
Yes. ZunTzu 2 is designed for multitouch.