ZunTzu on a 8" Windows tablet...

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Ichibrothers

ZunTzu on a 8" Windows tablet...

Post by Ichibrothers »

Took a chance on a NuVision 8" windows table when it was on sale pre-Christmas for $60. Does not do much, but it runs ZunTzu just fine. Unfortunately, it is not Pen friendly, so still need to use a mouse. Awesome for a little solo gaming on the go!!

Cannot get the image to load. Here is the link to my ASL Google+ post:

https://plus.google.com/106075377649126 ... K9hMWFyM8i
Chobham_1980

btrhoads - Thanks for the 'touching' post

Post by Chobham_1980 »

Hi Bill,

This is great news!

Don't have much experience with windows OS tablets, I didn't know that a mouse can be attached to one! :)

I remember that Btrhoads, another fellow ZT-er, found a way to flip counters on a Touch Screen Desk-top by using the 'TouchMousePointer' app.

Here is the post: http://www.zuntzu.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ight=#6079

He linked a You-Tube vid to see the app in action on his Envy computer; maybe the same solution will work on your tablet (?). If you go down this route, let me know how it works. Really cool info!

I 'gotta think about a Win OS tablet - I'm 'envious' of you two gamers on the go! :lol:

Regards, Rich
Chobham_1980

Re: ZunTzu on a 8" Windows tablet...

Post by Chobham_1980 »

Ichibrothers wrote:Image

Took a chance on a NuVision 8" windows table when it was on sale pre-Christmas for $60. Does not do much, but it runs ZunTzu just fine. Unfortunately, it is not Pen friendly, so still need to use a mouse. Awesome for a little solo gaming on the go!!

Cannot get the image to load. Here is the link to my ASL Google+ post:

https://plus.google.com/106075377649126 ... K9hMWFyM8i

Hi all:

Been doing a bit of research and noted two different types of OS on Win Tablets: RT and Win 10 Home. I have seen NuVision tablets on sale (US$ 99) and some adverts say it has Win 10 Home OS. Which OS does your tablet use, Bill?

Assuming it has Win 10 Home, does anyone know if it works on RT?

Regards, Rich
Last edited by Chobham_1980 on 31 Oct 2017, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Ichibrothers

Post by Ichibrothers »

Hey Rich,
Yeah, the NuVision 8" I have is Windows 10 Home 64bit. The device has 2GB of system memory and windows uses 1 of that! Ridiculously underpowered. Runs ZT just fine, though had to disable "DPI Scaling" to get it to run at the native resolution of the display. Make the tabs and menu text awfully small, but no big deal!
Harkaman

Zuntzu on Windows Tablet

Post by Harkaman »

I am able to use ZunTzu on a 7" HP Stream 7 tablet with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I running Windows 10 Home Edition 32 bit,
Ichibrothers

Re: Zuntzu on Windows Tablet

Post by Ichibrothers »

Harkaman wrote:I am able to use ZunTzu on a 7" HP Stream 7

SWEET!

I have been trying to find something in the 7 to 8" range with more power, and pen support would be nice in lieu of the mouse, but it has been a struggle. Unless you want to spend up around $600!