Anyone interested in AH "Hitler's War"?

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

todk

Anyone interested in AH "Hitler's War"?

Post by todk »

Would love to play it - let me know if interested.
Last edited by todk on 11 Feb 2015, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
GJK

Post by GJK »

How do you pb(e)m using ZT? I suppose you could do your turn and save and email it but your opponent would just have to take your word on what happened (including die rolls).

I've been working on an updated HW gamebox off/on for some time now. All new map and counter graphics and have even messed around with the scale (armies instead of army groups and map scale equivalent to what Third Reich uses). That's all still in the works though.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
todk

Post by todk »

Hi, I misspoke as, you are right, ZT doesn't have PBM except the way you mentioned. Also HW would not work as PBEM due to its interactve sequencing. So I revise my request : looking for a live game on ZT.[/b]
todk

Post by todk »

Hi, I misspoke as, you are right, ZT doesn't have PBM except the way you mentioned. Also HW would not work as PBEM due to its interactve sequencing. So I revise my request : looking for a live game on ZT.[/b]
GJK

Post by GJK »

HW actually pbem's quite nicely (I've done so using the VASSAL module that I collaborated on).

I wouldn't mind trying HW live via ZT some time but my online schedule is too erratic and limited at the moment. Perhaps next month though.

-Dean Vernon Wormer
todk

Post by todk »

Please tell me how you did it with Vassal? Thx
todk

Post by todk »

How does your HW Vassal PBEM mod handle the interactive system? For instance, when the defender does his defensive attacks or retreats after advancing? do you need to do multiple posts to get through 1 turn?
GJK

Post by GJK »

It's fairly straight forward as I recall it. The phasing player starts their log file, moves and then declares off of their attacks (the VASSAL module has markers for declaring assaults and advances with arrows that point to the hex it is being declared against) and then they stop their log and email it. The non-phasing player plays back the log and then starts a continuation log. He then conducts any defensive assaults as desired and then ends the log and sends it back. The phasing player then takes the rest of his player portion of the turn to completion.

-Dean Vernon Wormer
todk

Post by todk »

Dean, I only saw 1 version of HW in the Vassal modules: ver 1.0. I don't see the markers that you mentioned for assaults and advanced. Is there another version and if so where can I get it? Thank you so much for all your help and info.
Chobham_1980A

Re: Anyone interested in AH "Hitler's War"?

Post by Chobham_1980A »

Hi ZT Folk!

Just an Update:

Once on ZT1, AH's "Hitler's War," was found and re-uploaded to ZT2 - - - see ZT2's File Section or download here: https://zuntzu.com/gameboxes/Avalon%20H ... _s_War.ztb

:D