is zuntzu being maintained? most mediafire links are dead

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

talonz

is zuntzu being maintained? most mediafire links are dead

Post by talonz »

Just wondering, thought I would try it and I can only get the gameclient and 1 gamebox loaded after nearly a dozen others being dead. Seems like all the mediafire hosted ones are dead.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Not all the Mediafire ones - all mine are still available.
btrhoads

Re: is zuntzu being maintained? most mediafire links are dea

Post by btrhoads »

talonz wrote:Just wondering, thought I would try it and I can only get the gameclient and 1 gamebox loaded after nearly a dozen others being dead. Seems like all the mediafire hosted ones are dead.
The game box storage places are mostly maintained by users. For legal reasons, Jerome can't host them all. He has posted in the past that he would host any game box if the rights holder has given permission to do so. Also, if anyone is willing to host game boxes with broken links, Jerome said he would update the existing broken links.
Geralt

Post by Geralt »

If I understand Jerome has broken titles on his harddrive and can upload it? I have backup of many titles, but I could not download broken ones. If it would be possible to update this link or just give me a private access to something like cloud with this titles I could download this titles and backup it. Then I could regenerate links on demand (and nothing will be lost)...

Is it possible to do it in this way?

Geralt
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

Only Jerome can comment on that.
Geralt

Post by Geralt »

I sent you a private message:). It was be cool if I could find something not in my list in your collection:).
paffers

Post by paffers »

Has anyone heard from Jerome at all in any way ?

Mailed him about a week ago to see what's up, but no reply :(
btrhoads

Post by btrhoads »

The last time I heard anything from him was months ago when he replied to one of the threads.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

He didn't reply to my last email either.

I'm afraid it looks to me as if he's moved on to some other project that's more likely to bring in some money. It's a real shame, but these are tough times.

I'm hopeful that he'll re-surface at some point, but a quick check on his BGG profile shows that he hasn't logged in there since mid December, so I don't think that games are his current priority...
paffers

Post by paffers »

This is all a great shame and I hope its not the end of ZunTzu's development.
I hope the website stays up at least.

Is there any way anyone apart from Jerome can edit the gamebox links in the file section ?

I am in contact with Geralt (above) to share gameboxes from our collections but I guess it would make more sense to keep the Files section alive at least for the good of all.

I can add new entries I guess though it would be better to edit the existing ones with up-to-date links rather than create duplicates.
Geralt

Post by Geralt »

I agree. We can also do a forum post with list of gameboxes in our archive and ask if someone have other (lost) gameboxes on hard drive.

For now files section has more dead link than active one. Is it possible to at last remove broken links (but title should remain on the list I would remove only dead links)?
mfarl2001

Post by mfarl2001 »

Geralt wrote:I agree. We can also do a forum post with list of gameboxes in our archive and ask if someone have other (lost) gameboxes on hard drive.

For now files section has more dead link than active one. Is it possible to at last remove broken links (but title should remain on the list I would remove only dead links)?
Does the program still work?
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Most definitely - ZunTzu works almost exactly as originally intended, and has done so for years. There are only a couple of minor bugs that need fixing, but they're easily avoided if you're careful (and know about them).

We'd all like it to have further development and to see its features extended, but in the meantime it's still a great program.