ZunTzu running on CrossOver Mac

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

consimworld

ZunTzu running on CrossOver Mac

Post by consimworld »

Is there a way we can get ZunTzu listed with Crossover so it can run on a Mac.

Here is the website:
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/

It would be fantastic if you could get zuntzu registered so it can run under crossover!

Thanks.

John Kranz
ConsimWorld.COM
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hi John!

I was intrigued by your post, so I decided to give it a try on my MacBook Air.
I found out that it sort of works! 8-D

The dialog boxes are not displayed properly, but I was able to open a game box nevertheless.
Networking does not work (even if it is hard to tell without the dialog boxes!).
Also, I couldn't use the right mouse button, but maybe it has to do with the way my Mac touch pad is configured.

Here is how I managed to run ZunTzu on my Mac:

1 - copy the content of this archive to a folder on the Mac
2 - install CodeWeavers CrossOver Mac trial version. Launch CrossOver.
3 - click "Install Windows Software", and select "Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0" from the "Runtime Support Components". Choose a "New winxp Bottle" and name it "ZunTzu".
4 - click "Install Windows Software", and select "DirectX 9" from the "Runtime Support Components". Choose the "ZunTzu" bottle.
5 - in the CrossOver menus, click "Programs / Run Command", select the "ZunTzu" bottle and click "Browse". Find the folder into which you copied the archive and select "ZunTzu.exe"

Have fun! :-)
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
consimworld

Post by consimworld »

Awesome...I'm going to try installing and I'll report back to you if I see the same limitations you ran into.

Fingers crossed!!
consimworld

Post by consimworld »

Shoot. Got the folllowing error message when trying to run ZunTzu.

The command "/Users/jfk/Desktop/Desktop Hold/legacy_zuntzu/ZunTzu.exe" returned 255.

I'm guessing it's okay that I simply try to run ZunTzu from my desktop...or do I need to save the ZunTzu folder in a specific directory related to CrossOver?\

I'm running the latest version of CrossOver and Mac OS 10.8.2. Would be so cool to get this thing working somehow on my Mac.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

John, can you move the ZunTzu folder elsewhere? I would try to avoid spaces in the path - such as in "Desktop Hold".
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
consimworld

thanks

Post by consimworld »

Didn't work but I appreciate the advice. Maybe I just have to break down and purchase Parallels. No point in troubleshooting further since a few key elements of the program didn't work for you (network, etc).